FollowForever #1: 5 Must-Know Industry Pros
Dear Fellow Twitter Friends,
This year, I’m shifting away from the traditional #FollowFriday memes of the past in favor of something a little more personal. Instead of the customary laundry list of @ recommendations, each week I’ll post a short list of top tweeters – who may or may not be related in any conventional way – and tell you why you should follow them, too.
Like to spread the #FF love? Why not try this, too. Every week, hand pick a few of your favorites & tell us why we should follow them, too. If you don’t have a blog to sum up your recommendations, try it as a tweet instead!
To kick things off, here are 5 of my ongoing favorites: even when I don’t have time to tweet myself, watching what these people have to say helps me keep informed of what I might be missing…
- @MFGcom – Not your average #manufacturing news ticker, @MFGcom offers a well-informed perspective on the world’s most important industry. Timely news and smart opinions make a great addition to any manufacturing-minded feed.
- @packagingdiva – Well-known by the #packaging hashtag crowd, @packagingdiva is an all-over expert on the stuff that protects the stuff we all buy. Follow her for everything packaging: from sustainability to design trends to packaging faux-pas.
- @toyotaequipment – For helpful materials handling & supply chain tweets peppered with snarky asides: follow @toyotaequipment. Another engaging community member, @toyotaequipment is insightful and RT-friendly, too!
- @SocMfgEng – Another stellar manufacturing tweep I can’t RT enough. @SocMfgEng offers a broad view into the ups and downs of the industry with a focus on manufacturing education: something we all know the world could use some more of!
- @TaigaCompany – If green business is your business, follow @TaigaCompany for great links and smart posts on all things sustainable and lean.
There you have it. 5 smart, insightful folks offering consistently great information on their respective fields that you should #FollowForever. Not only informative, these tweeters actively engage and respond within their respective communities – which makes all the difference.
P.S. – If you aren’t already, follow us on Twitter, too!