Custom Cutoff Knives
Also known as “cut off blades” or “guillotine knives,” YSK industrial cutoff knives are a high–quality solution to packaging, converting, and processing applications utilizing a guillotine- or swing-style cut-off operation.
Each of our cutoff knife products is expertly manufactured at our York, Pennsylvania facility with the same precision and care as all our industrial blade products.
Whether you are an OEM looking for high-quality stock blades or an end user looking for a custom cutting edge for your specific application, trust York Saw & Knife to deliver the ultimate cutting edge — our lead times are some of the best in the industry, and there’s no minimum order requirement, ever!
Free Test Cutting Service for Our Blades: We’ll Do the Hard Work for You!
Did you know York Saw & Knife is the only guillotine knife manufacturer to offer free test cutting services?
OEM or end-user, customer or not, if you’re experiencing problems with excessive blade wear, incomplete cuts, and overall sub-par cutoff knife performance, York Saw & Knife offers no obligation, free test cutting service for your guillotine-style cut off applications.
Let our engineers do the hard work for you — we guarantee you’ll be satisfied with the results. Submit Your RFQ Now →
Cutoff Knife Materials
Choosing the right material for your application plays a major part in the overall success of the cut & overall longevity of the blade. YSK machine knives are available in a number of materials to
make sure your custom blades have the ultimate cutting edge:
- High Carbon
- Stainless Steel
- Solid Carbide
- CPM 10V
Not sure which cutoff knife solution is right for you? Request a free consultation from one of our sales engineers →
Cutoff Knife Blade Edge Configurations
While the material that comprises your blade may affect its overall longevity, tooth geometries can be adjusted to help you cut clean & improve the performance of your cutting machines. York Saw & Knife industrial cutoff knives can be engineered with a number of different tooth profiles to help you optimize your application:
- Standard V
- Vari Depth V
- L Style
- Hi/Low V
- Peg Style
- Slant Tooth
Cutoff Knife Industry Uses
Cutoff knives can be suitable for processing materials in every imaginable industry:
Aside from their multiple industry applications, our USA-made guillotine knife blades and experienced engineers offer lead times that are 50 to 70 percent faster than other suppliers in the market. Plus, we save you the additional expense of sourcing your knives from overseas suppliers.
Applications of Guillotine Knives
With our fast lead times, you can begin using our industrial cutoff knives sooner in a variety of applications, which include:
- Foam cutting — Eliminate the hassle of processing large quantities of foam with the signature quality and performance of our USA-made blades. With their robust cutting edge and superior blade hardness, cutting and trimming foam is made simple and accurate.
- Food slicing — Give your food products precise and clean cuts with our cutoff knives. Whether you need to slice pastries, desserts, cheeses, sandwiches or other pre-made food items, you can trust our blades to deliver the sharpness, strength and durability you need to process large quantities of food each week.
- Film cutting — Cut stacks of film with ease using our guillotine knife blades. Their robust quality and sharp cutting edge ensures every cut is delivered with unparalleled accuracy, which reduces your team’s reworking time and upgrades your workplace efficiency year-round.
- Meat cutting — Process frozen blocks of meat, from beef and pork to chicken and lamb, with our cutoff knives. They’ll deliver crisp cuts, which reduce reworking and speed-up processing times. If you have an existing set of guillotine blades but need new ones, you can trust our team to replicate them — after all, we’ve been doing it for more than a century!
- Rubber converting — Handle bulk quantities of rubber. Convert or prep them for conversion with our guillotine knife blades, which deliver an exceptional level of blade hardness and cutting edge. Use those traits to process large amounts of material each day and with the precision you expect of York Saw and Knife.
- Paper cutting — Deliver clean, efficient cuts to paper while minimizing draw and dust with our excellent cutting edge and blade hardness. Whether you need one of our standard blades for your facility or a custom one, our engineers can design, build and create the knife you need.
- Foil cutting — Supply your machine for cutting and rewinding foil with our cutoff knives, which offer accurate cuts that meet your facility’s standards for quality. With the precision of our blades, you can reduce the amount of unusable product and boost productivity.
- Plastic cutting — Handle and process bulk amounts of plastic using our guillotine knife blades. Whether you’re preparing plastic film or solid plastic, you can trust our cutoff blades to provide the accurate straight cuts you need to meet client orders fast.
York Saw is Your Custom Guillotine Knife Provider
Don’t see the cutoff blade you’re looking for? Since 1906, York Saw & Knife has provided thousands of custom cutting solutions for dozens of industrial applications. Call us at 1-800-233-1969 or contact us today to discuss your application →