As a smart consumer, how much thought do you put into where the product you purchase was manufactured? The truth is, the answer to that question determines a lot. When you see “Made in the USA” on tools for woodworking, you have the rightful expectation you’re investing in a reliable product built with premium materials. However, there are several other benefits to buying domestically produced products that often go unrecognized.
If you’re wondering why to buy only Made in the USA products for woodworking, consider these top reasons:
- You Demand Top Quality: There’s a reason why brands proudly let you know their products are American-made. When it comes to woodworking tools such as blades and saws, people know they’re buying something that is made of premium materials and built to outlast cheaper imports.
- You’re Supporting Your Country: Buying Made in the USA tools directly impacts the lives and well-being of your friends and neighbors. You’re fueling the economy and creating new jobs for the hard-working people in manufacturing and a variety of other related industries.
- You Want to Work Safely: Everything from product development to manufacturing processes in the United States is regulated. There are high standards woodworking tools must achieve before being deemed safe, or the people selling it will face serious repercussions. When you purchase overseas imports, especially from online drop-shippers, you don’t always know what you are getting. For woodworking, that’s not nearly good enough.
- You Care About the Environment: Once again, American businesses must adhere to both federal and local regulations designed to protect the environment and improve sustainability. Many of the foreign products you’ll find on the market come from countries that are lagging far behind when it comes to eco-friendly practices.
- You Care About People: U.S. Labor Laws ensure the good folks who craft the woodworking tools you need are receiving fair wages and protection against discrimination and unsafe work conditions. In some cases, foreign manufacturers disregard human rights or subject their workers to poor conditions.
- You Value Accountability: One of the top reasons why you should only buy Made in the USA products for woodworking is because if you have a problem, there’s a company and people you can reach to take care of your needs. Foreign products often aren’t backed by the same types of warranty coverage or return eligibility because the seller knows they’re not built to last.
If you’re a serious woodworker looking for products you can be proud to own, LUXITE Saw only sells products made in the U.S. that set the standard for quality and durability. Shop our selection of carbide-tipped blades for crosscutting, rip-cutting and combination cutting. We also offer high quality bandsaw supplies in our collection!