Full-time position with base hours of 3:30PM-midnight Monday thru Friday plus weekday overtime as the workload dictates.
The Machine Operator runs, maintains, adjusts, loads and unloads material to cut quality saw products for the primary wood industry.
York Saw & Knife Company is a family owned manufacturer in business for over 100 years. The company employs approximately eighty-five skilled workers and support staff. York Saw is recognized as a leader of innovative design and a manufacturer of precision band saw blades, circular saw blades and specialty machine knives, proudly serving multiple industries.
- Demonstrate excellent attendance;
- Have a strong work ethic and be proud to produce a custom, quality product;
- Enjoy the hands-on challenge of manufacturing band saws for the primary lumber industry;
- Work collaboratively with coworkers to move materials;
- Perform preventative maintenance;
- Must be able to perform, but not limited to the following tasks: measuring, grinding and inspecting;
- Ability and desire to focus and be aware of quantity and quality of job while being produced
- Be a dependable self-starter with a desire to learn and cross train;
- Work safely
York Saw offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, 401k match, paid holidays and paid vacation.
Employment at York Saw includes pre-employment and post offer background checks, a physical and drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- 3PM – 12AM
- Metals Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)