For many hobbyists and craftspeople, woodworking is an activity that never grows old. However, no matter how experienced or skilled you are, it can be difficult at times to generate new ideas you can apply to upcoming projects. If you’re wondering where to get woodworking inspiration, the good news is there’s plenty of places to go.
The following is a short list of the best places to view what other people have done to spark your creativity:
- Trade Shows: A convention or woodworking trade show is a prime place to find insights into impressive projects as well as the latest products and techniques. Trade shows not only offer demonstrations and examples of work, but they also attract crowds of like-minded individual who share your passion and provide a source of valuable information and ideas. You’re able to set your sights on something you would like to try with your next project while also picking up some new tools and supplies to carry it out successfully.
- Pinterest: The popular web and mobile application Pinterest has grown to be a leading destination for woodworkers and a variety of other types of skilled craftspeople to find inspiration. With over 175 million active users, you’ll discover posts of imaginative projects and products from people all over the world. Pinterest is great because it’s a visually-driven social channel that makes it easy and enjoyable to search and scroll through ideas and click on images for information and instructions.
- Etsy: Similar to Pinterest, Etsy is another fabulous place to get ideas for woodworking projects. An e-commerce site, it’s where everyone from independent makers to well-known companies list unique items for sale. You’ll find a broad range of handmade and vintage items as well as creative factory-manufactured goods.
- Blogs and Forums: Since the rise of the internet, there has been an active and growing online community of woodworkers who come together on forums and blogs to share ideas and showcase their work. Joining or following these websites not only lets you tap into the talent and creativity of those who are serious about the craft, but also utilize the network to find helpful advice and tips you might not be aware of.
- Amish Stores: Almost any furniture store can be a source of new ideas, but Amish markets are where you often find something different and unique. One of the great things about an Amish store is that a majority of the items you see are made entirely out of wood using natural processes and have an old-world, traditional flair. You might also benefit from shopping around at stores such as Pier 1 Imports or World Market, where you’re also bound to get some exciting ideas for woodworking projects.
Now that you know where to get woodworking inspirations, visit LUXITE Saw online for the tools to produce top-quality creations. We carry Made in the USA circular saw blades. Our selection includes 10” and 12” combination blades, rip saw blades and crosscut blades for table and miter saws!