We offer miter saw blades in 10-inch and 12-inch sizes that can cut through most types of wood safely and efficiently. Our miter blades for sale include rip, combination and crosscut blades for tackling a variety of projects. Learn more about our miter blade products below.
Which Miter Saw Blade Is Right for Your Saw?
At York Saw & Knife, our customers’ job safety comes first. That’s why we feature premium-quality blades that are compatible with virtually any miter saw. The type of miter saw blade you choose depends on how you plan to use it. Most users choose crosscutting blades for their miter saws since that is the primary purpose of these tools.
We typically discourage customers from using their miter saws for rip cutting, even with a rip cutting blade. Due to the nature of the machine and the process, attempting to perform rip cuts with a miter saw is far more dangerous than crosscutting, even when using the proper blade.
We also recommend that customers choose a combination blade for tasks demanding various cuts, and cut-specific blades for projects that require multiple cuts of the same type. For instance, if you know you will be crosscutting a large amount of lumber, use the crosscutting blade. This technique will leave clean cuts and extend the life of your blade.
Some projects that require cuts of one type include:
- Crosscutting for hardwood floor installations
- Crosscutting when framing a house
- Cutting wood for furniture
- Crosscutting 2x4s for specific framing lengths
If you want to learn more about our miter saw blade options, our knowledgeable team is here to answer your questions.
Will Luxite Blades Fit on My Miter Saw?
Yes! Luxite blades will fit on almost all miter saws that require 10-inch and 12-inch blades. Our Luxite blades feature an arbor hole of 5/8 of an inch for 10-inch blades and 1-inch for 12-inch blades.
Our 10-inch Luxite blades work well with most miter saws that require this blade size, including:
- The Milwaukee M18 FUEL 10-inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- The RIDGID 15 Amp 10-inch Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw
- The Mikita 18-Volt X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36-Volt) Brushless Cordless 10-inch Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- Most large battery-powered miter saws that require 10-inch blades
The 12-inch Luxite blades will fit the most miter saws that require 12″ blades, including:
- Most 15-amp corded sliding compound miter saws
- The DEWALT DWS779 Slide Compound Miter Saw
- The 15 Amp Corded 12-inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- The 15 Amp Corded 12-inch Dual-Bevel Miter Saw with LED
The Luxite Carbide Tip Miter Saw Blade Difference
If you’re looking for high-quality miter saw blades for your workshop, check out our selection of American-made Luxite Carbide Tip Saws today! Browse our collection of Luxite saw blades online today or give us a call at 1-800-654-7297 to speak with our Luxite experts.
Shop Our Blades