With over 100 years of industry experience, York Saw & Knife designs and manufactures high-quality perforating machine knives for a variety of applications.
Perforating knives can puncture or cut various materials for a specific length. These knives cut vertical slots into materials at a given length and then keep your material together for another length. A perforating blades perf is measured by “cut and tie” where the cut is the size of the cut or perf, and tie is the length of the remaining material between cuts. Perforating knives often cut against a backing, like a metal cylinder or smooth blade, to form repeated cuts.
At York Saw & Knife, our experts will work with your team to assist in deciding which type of perforating knife is the best fit for your application. If you are looking to enhance your current machine knife needs or try a new design, York Saw & Knife will help you create and manufacture a custom blade to fit your project requirements.
Types of Perforating Knives We Offer
York Saw & Knife offers multiple types of perforating knives. We take pride in providing precision perforation knives of numerous forms with a high degree of flatness and straightness using state-of-the-art technology.
We supply the following perforator cutters for metal, plastic, paper, packaging, and more:
- Straight & Cutoff Perforating Knives: This perforating knife is one of the most commonly used blade styles for perforation. Cutoff blades for perforating chop or fly-through on the chosen material. York Saw & Knife can customize the geometry of the tooth to your industry and cut size. Popular cutoff blade designs include standard v-style, alternating hi-low tooth height, and vari-perf depth edges. We manufacture our leading straight and cutoff knives with materials like high carbon, stainless steel, and tool steels to produce a reliable cutting edge.
- Circular Perforating Knives: Circular knives built for perforation can roll over a variety of materials to make a cut or perforation. This type of perforating knife isn’t as common. It remains, however, a superior choice for perforating various materials. In contrast to long knives, which get used for crosswise cutting applications, circular knives get used for lengthwise perforations. We manufacture our high-quality circular knives with materials like high carbon, stainless steel, and solid carbide to produce the ultimate perforator cutters.\
Real-Life Applications of Perforating Knives
York Saw & Knife provides perforating knives to fit multiple industrial machine applications. We’ve designed knives for use in materials like paper, cardboard, food, plastic, tape, and more.
Some examples of how these sectors use perforating knives include:
- Paper: Paper materials with perforations, like toilet paper, rolls of paper towels, and napkins, require perforator cutters during manufacturing. Perforation knives also make cuts on documents and forms, such as bills, notebooks, calendars, and stamps. Placing perforation ties on these materials allows users to tear items easily.
- Packaging: Perforations allow users to easily open packages, enhancing product experience and minimizing end-user frustration. For instance, plastic packaging with perforations gets used in the food and beverage industry to preserve products, reduce waste, and improve the end-user experience. Perforation blades are also commonly needed for tin foil and plastic wrap products so users can divide material quickly and accurately.
- Miscellaneous: Perforations for air vents in packaging optimize airflow and circulation. Common industrial and household resources, like garbage bags, also use perforations to allow users to grab a garbage bag fast by tearing across the perforating line.
York Saw & Knife Can Manufacture Perforating Blades for Your Specific Applications
At York Saw & Knife, we’re proud to offer the expertise, advanced tools, and machinery to manufacture the right perforation blade for your industry.
We can customize our perforating blades to your needs, building anything from a micro perforator to massive, 140″ perforators.
Have a large order? Our no-minimum order policy will allow our team to both create and test multiple designs for your application needs. York Saw & Knife processes top-quality perforating knives quickly too, providing you with a short lead time. We also offer solutions for OEM replacement parts by reverse-engineering the blade that you currently use.
York Saw & Knife stands by our commitment to producing American-made, high-quality perforating knives from our facility in York, PA. For more than 100 years, we’ve provided custom, industry-leading blades to match the needs of businesses across industries. Streamline your cutting efficiency by calling us today at 1-800-233-1969 for a free quote.