Custom Industrial Slitter Knives
Slitter knives have a design meant to slit a wide range of materials in various applications. They find use in many industries because of their ability to cut materials such as paper, plastic and textiles. At York Saw & Knife, we sell straight knives and rotary blades. We can design blades for a variety of machine models and customize each result for our customers. If you need a knife for a slitting application, the York Saw team will partner with you to find a slitting knife solution that meets your needs.
Most slitter blades feature a beveled edge for optimal cutting power. A beveled edge allows a blade to slit material instead of creating standard cuts. When a slitting knife has the primary purpose of making punctures, it will have teeth. These teeth create smaller slits in progression, such as the ones found on tear-off paper products. Our sales engineers can help you determine which blade solution will work best for your application.
At York Saw & Knife, we manufacture all of our slitter blades in-house. As an original equipment manufacturer, you’ll appreciate our competitive prices and fast turnaround times that allow you to maximize your profits. If you get our blades as an end-user, we will listen to your needs to design a personalized solution. We consider your business goals our business goals.
Applications for Our Slitter Blades
Our slitter blades can slit a wide range of materials, including:
- Paper: A slitting blade can create slits and perforations in paper for a variety of purposes. For example, a toothed slitter blade can create a tear-off line for tear-away paper products.
- Corrugated products: Corrugated products such as fiberboard and cardboard need high-quality blades for the best cutting results. Our expertly made slitting knives can create slits in these materials while keeping their edge.
- Food and meats: Slitting knives can slice and score a variety of food products. We can develop custom blades for applications like meat slicing and processing.
- Foil and film: Our precision slitting blades have the sharpness needed to smoothly slit foil. You can also request a custom blade for slitting other delicate materials like film.
- Textiles: Fabric requires a sturdy blade that retains its edge throughout regular cutting operations. Our team develops custom slitting blades for textiles that achieve the cuts you need.
- Plastics: We can design slitting knives suitable for plastics of various thicknesses and compositions. Their sharpness and durability allow you to work with a wide range of synthetic materials.
- And more
This list includes just a few of the possible applications for slitting knives. Thanks to our versatile capabilities, you can specify a slitting blade design for a variety of uses.
Slitting Knife Materials
We understand that every blade application requires the right material. Allow York Saw & Knife to create the slitting edge you need with the following materials:
- Stainless Steel
- High Carbon
- Solid Carbide
- CPM 10V
To learn more about each material’s strengths when it comes to a slitting application, request a free consultation with one of our engineers.
Reasons to Choose York Saw & Knife as Your Slitter Knife Manufacturer
You can count on York Saw & Knife to engineer custom blades for almost any machine or application. Our customers choose us for benefits such as:
- No limit on order numbers: At York Saw & Knife, we accept orders of just about any size. We have no minimum limit on orders, and we can also provide bulk pricing for your convenience.
- Customized blade designs: We custom-design every blade for the customer’s needs and specifications. Our team can develop a blade specifically for your application and machine.
- Expert craftsmanship: York Saw & Knife has a century-long history of engineering custom blades. We make every product in York, Pennsylvania, located in the heart of the American Mid-Atlantic.
The York Saw & Knife customer service team can assist with any questions you have about our blades. For more information about our products and services, contact our team online or call us at 1-800-233-1969.