What We Need to Know to Quote
Ever wanted to submit a request for quote to us, but weren’t sure what information we needed? Since the majority of our blades are customized, we need specific information from the customer to be sure we manufacture the correct blade. Below is a list of important aspects we would need to know to quote your blade/knife:
- Dimensions of the proposed or existing blade. In example, with rectangular parts we require length, width, thickness and description of the cutting edge. With circular blades we need outside and inside diameter, thickness and again description of the edge. Sending us a digital photo, drawing , or sample of the blade and or process is great.
- Describe the process in which the blade/knife will be used. Include any dynamics about the process including the knife/blade relationship with the product being cut. Also, including a description of the product being processed is helpful.
- Any information regarding what materials current blades are made from assists us in creating a baseline for finding solutions.
- What is important to you: Lower cost, longer tool life, shorter lead times, or different cut quality.
- Quote quantities. We do not have minimum order quantities, but unit costs for 2 pieces of a custom blade design will certainly be higher than dozens of the same part. Quantity price breaks vary based on the aforementioned information.